Provides small project grants to assist regional groups, industry and advisors with local projects for the dairy industry.
The DairyTas Small Project Grants Program is one initiative that enables dairy farmer groups and other organisations in any of the regions of the State to apply for funding to undertake initiatives to help the dairy industry and to help develop local solutions to local problems.
DairyTas invites applications that encourage dairy industry groups to plan, carry out and promote their own on-farm demonstration or extension project to improve the performance and profitability of dairy farms in their locality.
Priority areas include:
– assisting dairy farmers to manage change
– improving whole farm productivity and profitability
– sustaining the natural resource base
– animal and feedbase performance
– improving business and management skills
– training and education
Projects supported by DairyTas have included:
– Minor Use Permits for Tasmanian Dairy
– People for Dairy in Circular Head
– Women in Agriculture history book
– Hagley Farm School, Dairy Interpretation Centre
– Tasmanian Dairy Gourmet GuideTIA Dairy Centre, Calf Feeding Trial
A grant amount will usually comprise three components:
– Salaries; project staff, contractors, consultants etc
– Operating costs; materials for field trials, hire of venues, photocopying, printing, telephone, stationery etc
– Travel; vehicle hire, travel expenses etc
Click here to view full funding guidelines on the provider’s website.