Offers a co-investment fund for South Australian start-up businesses.
The SAVCF has been structured as a co-investment fund, requiring each initial investment into an eligible company to be matched with at least 50% investment from other venture capital funds, high net-worth’s or other sophisticated investors.
The SA Venture Capital Fund will:
– Enable innovative South Australian ventures to secure funding and accelerate growth into national and global markets, stimulating economic activity and job creation
– Strengthen the competitiveness of local early-stage entrepreneurs and companies to attract private sources of co-investment from national and international investors
– Earn a commercial rate of return for investors, including the South Australian Government, and commensurate with industry standards for early-stage venture capital funds.
The SAVCF will consider initial investment in high growth and export potential companies that have at least demonstrated a market for their product or service and have either commenced generating revenue or can demonstrate customer validation and evidence a route to revenue generation.
Life science and biotech companies are exempt. In such cases, the SAVCF may consider initial investment once a company has demonstrated Phase 1 clinical trial results, or the equivalent stage for a medical device.
The SAVCF will not have any restrictions in terms of sectors or industries that eligible companies may participate in but requires the company to have 50% of its assets and 50% of its staff located in South Australia during a period that ends 12 months from the initial investment date.
The SAVCF will not invest in companies whose predominant activity is:
– Property development or land ownership
– Finance (other than finance technologies)
– Insurance (other than insurance technologies)
– Construction (other than construction technologies)
– Making investments directed at deriving passive income.
The SAVCF will not invest in companies with assets more than $250M or that is a publicly listed company unless that company will be delisted within 12 months of the investment being made.
Click here to view full funding guidelines on the provider’s website.