For more than 30 years, the DIAA has provided networking, information and professional development opportunities to the Australian post-farmgate dairy industry. DIAA members come from all areas of the industry - dairy product manufacturing, packaging, logistics, research, government bodies, laboratories, ingredients, marketing, sales, exports and many more.
DIAA Membership Categories
|Full DIAA Membership|
|Australia||$165 (inc. GST)|
|Student, first-year graduate, apprentice or retiree* Membership|
|Australia||$83 (inc. GST)|
Download and submit the membership form (pdf 850Kb)
Please note: DIAA memberships are for a calendar year. All memberships expire on 31 December.
*Discounted membership is open only to full-time students, first-year graduates, apprentices or trainees, or retirees. Applicants need to provide supporting documents signed by a school head or company supervisor. Applications without supporting documents will not be considered. Retiree memberships are awarded at the DIAA's discretion.
DIAA Member Benefits
DIAA members have access to a wide variety of information, resources, professional development and networking opportunities throughout the year, both through their State branch and the National Office.
To watch a short video that highlights the features of DIAA membership follow this link.
Information and Resources
- Award-winning Australian Dairy Foods magazine filled with industry news, events, company profiles, market information and more
- Comprehensive online and print industry directory, Australian Dairy Listing
- Archives of the peer-reviewed Australian Journal of Dairy Technology
- Access to the member-only area of the DIAA website
- Regular newsletters with latest DIAA news, events and special offers for members
- Discounts on advertising, conference attendance, etc.
- Advice and information via phone and e-mail
- Online resources, publications, reports and technical manuals
- Networking with other members at State conferences, social events, golf days, factory tours, quiz nights and more throughout the year
- Meeting international and Australian experts at the Dairy Science World Series technical events
- Mixing with the 'who's who' of the dairy world and celebrating the industry's achievements at the annual Awards of Excellence Dinner
- Taking advantage of DIAA's links with other professional organisations in Australia and overseas through joint events and initiatives
- Joining a DIAA State branch committee and forming close bonds with others passionate about the dairy industry
- Training and education through DIAA technical nights and seminars, and discounts on courses and seminars run by other education providers
- Scholarships to attend conferences, seminars and training courses
- Opportunity to participate in Australian and overseas study tours
- Access to DIAA travel and tertiary scholarships
- Developing public speaking and corporate governance skills by becoming involved in DIAA State and national committees
- Becoming a judge or steward at dairy product competitions
- Annual state and national dairy products competitions
- Medals and awards for outstanding service to industry
- Membership pin and certificate
- Life memberships in recognition of service to the DIAA