Associate membership is provided free of charge to qualifying individuals and has an extensive range of benefits as per the full-paying membership (see exceptions below). The membership is available for those in agricultural and dairy related studies or pathway courses who may be looking for a career in the dairy industry and whom would benefit from being part of a professional development, career development and networking body.
The variances from the full member model are as follows:
- The product is all online, and there are no hard copy publications, i.e. Australian dairy Listing / Australian Dairy Foods Magazine. However digital copies can be accessed from your personal membership portal.
- There are no voting rights. You are classed as a non-financial member.
- You do not have access to in-person free events.
- Associate members have dedicated event pricing (different to members and non-members)
- Please see individual events if no associate pricing is shown please assume that the non-member pricing applies
Associate membership is open only to full-time students, first-year graduates, full-time apprentices, or full-time trainees.
Applicants must provide supporting documents signed by a school head or company supervisor demonstrating the above. Applications must have supporting documents to be considered.
Acceptance is undertaken annually at the Dairy Industry Association of Australia’s discretion. Associate members will not have access to benefits until their application is accepted.
Apprentices are defined as individuals who undertake formal training arrangements that combine work with study for a qualification in a trade or occupation as defined by Fairwork and are at the discretion of the Dairy Industry Association of Australia. Apprenticeships are usually undertaken with a registered training organisation, such as a TAFE or trade school.
First-year graduates are defined as an individual who has graduated from a university having completed a bachelor’s degree in the preceding 12 months.
A full-time student is defined as an individual participating in education with at least 75% of the usual amount of full-time study for a course for their relevant study period (e.g. semester, trimester or year).
A trainee is defined as a person registered and receiving on-the-job training in a dairy-related occupation under a recognised trainee program.
Note: Benefits and criteria may change from time to time at the discretion of the DIAA