We’re all different. But we have so many similarities.
DIAA WOMEN stemmed from the lack of a platform to give women in the dairy-value supply chain an opportunity to connect with each other.
- It aims to empower and celebrate members.
- To encourage the younger generation into the dairy world across all its sectors.
- And to create a gender balance through social networking events, mentorship programs and competitions.
- DIAA WOMEN rewards women for their excellence and her business in supporting her.
See below for information on the DIAA Women Ecolab Scholarship, along with criteria for three DIAA Women Awards.
DIAA Women Ecolab Scholarship
The DIAA Women forum is very proud to announce a partnership with Ecolab to promote women in the dairy industry.
The scholarship, valued at $2,500, is awarded to one applicant per year.
Application closing date: 31st January 2023
Please send your application, outlining how the course or project you are doing/propose to do, will benefit dairy industry and the DIAA, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2023 DIAA Women Ecolab Scholarship
You can register for a course or a project, or be planning to undertake further studies to advance your career.
- The chosen candidate must submit a write up for Australian Dairy Foods magazine and be able to present at appropriate and agreed-upon DIAA conferences.
- You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- You must be female, a current DIAA member (and have been for at least two years).
- If an applicant has submitted an application before but not been chosen, she can re-apply again. Scholarship winners are ineligible to re-apply.
- Scholarship must be used within 12 months of bestowal
- If you have not previously been awarded the scholarship, and wish to apply again, you must submit a new application the next year.
- You must register any conflict of interest. (In the case of conflict of interest where the applicant is a close contact of a DIAA Women team member – based on the Nepotism/Conflict of Interest Clause – that committee member will step aside from the judging panel for that applicant only.)
- Please submit a proposal that covers how the course or project will benefit dairy industry and the DIAA.
3 DIAA Women Awards & Criteria
Nomination for each of the three awards can come from either a DIAA member or a DIAA sponsor/national partner. Each nomination must include a list of the nominee’s achievements within the dairy industry. Each of the awards will be peer-reviewed. Nominees for each of the three awards must be currently working in Australia. Please send your nomination to email@example.com
DIAA Women Rising Star of the Year
- Less than 3 years in the Australian dairy industry
DIAA Women Helen Dornom Award for Distinguished Service
- At least 20 years of service in the dairy industry
- Can be working from anywhere in full supply chain (farm through to logistics), this award not specific to a single occupation
- Considered cumulative years in the industry
DIAA Women Jo Davey Award for Excellence in Leadership
- Open to all ages
- Nomination should include why the nominee exemplifies excellence in leadership
- Nominations should meet the five pillars – Collaboration, Vision, Empathy, Grounded, Ethical – with examples of each
Leading DIAA Women
From the moment of inception, Priyanka Nunes has led from the front to bring this idea to fruition. Pri will continue this leadership as Chair of DIAA Women. Assisting her will be Liz Newnam as Vice Chair/Treasurer and Loren Gold as Secretary. Supporting these brilliant women is a wonderful team from across Australia.