Expression of Interest
Position: Risk and Audit Committee Member
The Dairy Industry Association of Australia Ltd (DIAA) is a not-for-profit, member-driven, national company limited by guarantee with a vital role in the Australia post-farmgate dairy industry.
The DIAA was incorporated on 24 March 1986, following the amalgamation of the Australian Dairy Institute (previously the Dairy Factory Managers & Secretaries’ Association) and the Australian Society of Dairy Technology.
In July 2019, the DIAA changed its status to become a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee. It is now led by a Board of Directors elected from the membership of the Association.
The DIAA is a national organisation with a National Office currently based in Victoria staffed by part-time personnel and Branches representing geographical segments of the membership. Each Branch is managed by a volunteer Branch Committee, which comes from all sectors of the dairy industry.
You can read the Constitution here: https://diaa.asn.au/constitution/
With members derived from all Australian states and territories, the DIAA delivers its strategic priorities through State Branches s and a Head Office located in Melbourne.
The Risk and Audit Committee comprises one current DIAA Director and two members from outside of the DIAA.
Employees/contractors of the DIAA, or officers of Branch committees are not eligible for selection.
The DIAA Board and Company Secretary will facilitate the appointment process.
The key steps in the appointment process include:
• The seeking of Expressions of Interest (EOI) for the position.
• Receipt of applications from interested parties.
• The DIAA Board will review the EOI applications and appoint the most suitable candidates.
• The Board will appoint successful candidates for a 2 year term.
- Committee members are not remunerated,
Submitting an Expression of Interest
Application for the role of a Risk and Audit Committee Member should include:
• A copy of your current Curriculum Vitae.
• A cover letter outlining the skills, experience and attributes that would assist you in the position, together with an explanation of why you would be a suitable Risk and Audit Committee Member for this organisation. Ideally, this should relate to the required experience and qualifications outlined below in the attached Position Description.
• Contact details for two current referees.
Applications must be received by 5pm 15TH June 2023
Mr Carl Partridge, Company Secretary email@example.com
For further information about DIAA and/or the Risk and Audit Committee Member position, please feel free to contact the Company Secretary, Mr Carl Partridge, on 03 9917 8186.